This easy 30 minute sheet pan gnocchi is combined with a fresh caprese, roasted tomatoes, and juicy asiago spinach sausage. This is the perfect quick and easy week day dinner!
What makes this sheet pan gnocchi so good
- It’s ready in under 20 minutes from start to finish! This dish is as simple as combining ingredients in a bowl to toss it in a little olive oil and seasoning, then roasting on a sheet pan! The gnocchi is fluffy, the sausage is juicy, and the tomatoes are fork tender and delicious!
- It uses healthy, fresh ingredients. Organic Uncured Asiago and Spinach Smart Chicken Chicken Sausage is made with real ingredients and packs a ton of flavor! The gnocchi, mozzarella balls, basil, and tomato all add nutritional value that will keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- It’s perfect for leftovers for lunch the next day! This is the kind of meal that gets even more delicious as it marries. This meal can be eaten hot or cold and it’s perfect to take to lunch the next day!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Key Ingredients
Smart Chicken Organic Spinach Asiago Uncured Chicken Sausage is a healthier alternative to beef or pork sausage and also has a lower carbon footprint! These delicious sausages are made with less fat, fewer calories, zero nitrates, and no MSG!
Gnocchi is perfect for roasting and is super budget friendly! You can find gnocchi in the pasta aisle of your grocery store and the brands that are imported from Italy are usually under $3.00!
Cherry or grape tomatoes deepen in flavor when they are roasted and once their skin breaks, they are ultra juicy. The way the gnocchi combines with the tomato juice in the bottom of the bowl… so good!!
Fresh basil is a must for this sheet pan gnocchi! It brings the flavors of the olive oil, gnocchi, and mozzarella balls together so beautifully.
- Use an infused olive oil. I love using gourmet infused olive oils in my dishes because it adds a layer of flavor. Since olive oil is not only used for roasting but also as a flavoring agent, I recommend using an infused one, like a garlic or rosemary infused!
- Use marinated mozzarella balls. Buying premarinated mozzarella balls will add even more flavor since the mozzarella balls have had time to marry in the flavors and absorb so every bite will be delicious.
How to make sheet pan gnocchi
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine the tomatoes, sliced sausage, gnocchi, olive oil, and garlic salt in a large bowl, then stir to combine.
- Lay the mixed ingredients in a single layer on the sheet pan, then roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes burst.
- Add the mozzarella balls, fresh basil, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to the sheet pan gnocchi. Serve it up!
What to serve with it
How to store and reheat
Place the sheet pan gnocchi in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to two days. The flavor develops even more when it’s refrigerated!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Caprese With Asiago Spinach Sausage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 2 links of Smart Chicken Organic Spinach Asiago Uncured Chicken Sausage sliced into 1/4" cuts
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup mozzarella balls
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chiffonade
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine the olive oil, gnocchi, sausage, tomatoes, and garlic salt in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Lay the mixed ingredients on a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes burst. Once the sheet pan gnocchi is done cooking, add the mozzarella pearls and fresh basil. Mangia!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.