This creamy spinach and artichoke chicken skillet is made with juicy chicken breasts, fresh spinach, artichoke hearts and smothered in a cheesy, creamy sauce. It’s an all in one easy 30 minute meal that makes dinner a breeze!Jump to Recipe
Spinach artichoke chicken
My goodness, do I have something delicious in store for you! This spinach and artichoke chicken skillet is an all in one package deal, my friend! It’s creamy, cheesy, quick to make, and so flavorful!
Don’t you love a dish that has everything you need and want in it? This dish has quite a few servings of vegetables in it because it combines fresh spinach and artichoke hearts! It’s light-tasting so it goes along with any kind of side dish, too! Score!
The chicken is seared, then the sauce is built in the same pan. All the flavors combine together and it’s just… beautiful. This dish could easily be enjoyed on it’s own, but you can serve it over a bed of rice or even with pasta, like orzo.
Be ready, this may just become your new favorite 30 minute meal!
Creamy spinach artichoke chicken ingredients
- Chicken- Thin sliced chicken breasts or tenderloins are perfect for this dish because they will cook quickly!
- Seasoning- Red pepper flakes, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt all add delicious elements to this dish.
- Spinach- Fresh spinach cooks in under 2 minutes and works well with this dish. I would not recommend using frozen spinach as it can be very watery and will affect the sauce.
- Artichokes- Use canned artichokes, which are usually found in the canned vegetable aisle. Marinated artichokes will work for this recipe and will add even more flavor to the dish.
- Dairy- Butter, parmesan cheese, and heavy whipping cream build the base of the sauce and really helps maintain a silky creaminess.
- Chicken broth- You can use chicken broth, bone broth, or even water and chicken bullion.
Make it your own
This dish is so easy to swap out ingredients and make it your own! Spinach seems to be a hit or miss with most people. If spinach is not your prefered vegetable, you can add other green vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, endive, collard greens, or kale.
This rice goes great with white rice, brown rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, orzo pasta, spaghetti pasta, or even mashed potatoes!
Make it dairy free
This dish can be made dairy free with just a couple easy swap outs. Butter can be replaced with a vegetarian butter substitute, coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, vegetable oil, canola oil, or avocado oil.
The heavy whipping cream can be replaced with full fat coconut milk (canned) or Silk dairy free heavy whipping cream.
Parmesan cheese can be substituted with any kind of vegan cheeses or left out completely.
How to make creamy spinach artichoke chicken skillet
- Sear the chicken. Heat the oil in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Sear the chicken on each side for 3-5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and place it to the side.
- Build the sauce. Melt the butter in the same pan and sautè the onion and garlic. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, cornstarch, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and salt. The sauce will thicken and begin to simmer. Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Add the spinach and artichokes. Place the spinach and artichokes in the pan and cover with a lid, then cook for 2 more minutes. Serve and enjoy! Mangia!
What to serve with creamy spinach artichoke chicken
- This quick side dish results in crispy pan fried broccoli florets that are equally healthy and addicting! Robust olive oil and raw garlic adds a perfect touch of flavor.
- Oven roasted asparagus is such an easy side dish that is healthy, delicious, and fast cooking.
- Sweet potato and green beans are tossed in a full-bodied olive oil with raw garlic and fresh thyme, then roasted to perfection! These roasted vegetables are healthy and delicious.
- Italian lemon orzo salad is made with juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, orzo pasta, and more! This is a perfect 15-minute meal!
- Olive and herb focaccia is made quicker than the traditional recipe with a few easy adjustments. This Italian bread is full of fresh herbs, cured olives, and tons of flavor!
More Sea Salt Savorings classics
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi Caprese with Asiago Spinach Sausage
- Mojo Chicken (baked, grilled, or stovetop!)
- Chicken Margherita(grilled, baked, or stove top!)
- Small Apartment Design
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Skillet
This creamy spinach and artichoke chicken skillet is made with juicy chicken breasts, fresh spinach, artichoke hearts and smothered in a cheesy, creamy sauce. It's an all in one easy 30 minute meal that makes dinner a breeze!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced to 1/2" thickness
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts quartered
- 2 cups fresh spinach
Sear the chicken. Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil the the pan. Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place the chicken in the pan and sear in each side for 3-5 minutes until they are cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and place to the side.
Build the sauce. Melt the butter in the same pan. Sautè the garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small cup and mix well. Add the chicken broth combination to the pan, then add the heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and salt. Add the spinach and the artichoke hearts and sti to combine. Place the chicken in the pan, then place the lid on the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and serve. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!