Oven roasted asparagus is such an easy side dish that is healthy, delicious, and fast cooking.Jump to Recipe
Easy Asparagus Recipe
As a young cook, I detested roasting asparagus. It was always soggy, the asparagus was limp, and basically I’d throw my nose up in the air. I also knew how healthy asparagus was… something had to give.
Did you know that a common issue with roasting asparagus in the oven is that is overcooks super easily? It does not need much more than 5 minutes for normal sized asparagus spears. Large ones can take 8 minutes maximum.
It’s such a fast side dish to just pop in the oven real quick and toss on your plate. You don’t have to stand over a pan, baby sit any skillet, just put a timer on for five minutes, and do ya thang!
- Asparagus– Opting for thinner spears will result in a shorter cooking time. Thick spears of asparagus generally take 8 minutes to cook.
- Olive oil– If you have a specialty olive oil company near you, go ahead and slather on a fun flavor! California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil is a great brand, too!
- Garlic powder- Just sprinkle a little garlic powder on the asparagus after brushing them with olive oil.
- Salt– A pinch of salt will greatly enhance the flavor combination of garlic and asparagus!
How to roast asparagus in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 2 inches off the bottom of the asparagus. Place them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Brush a little olive oil on the asparagus spears. Sprinkle a little garlic powder and salt.
- For smaller asparagus spears, cook for 5 minutes. Larger sized ones will take 8 minutes to cook.
- Remove from the oven immediately and serve! Mangia!
How to store cooked asparagus
In the fridge
Cooked asparagus can be placed in a glass airtight container and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
In the freezer
It is not recommended that cooked asparagus be preserved in the freezer. Upon reheating, the asparagus will likely have a very mushy texture.
How to reheat
Preheat the oven to 350° F and cook the asparagus for 5 minutes until it is warm.
Cooked asparagus is best when only cooked once, the texture will begin to soften upon reheating.
What goes with roasted asparagus
- Parmesan crusted chicken is a quick meal that really packs in flavor with minimal ingredients.
- Vegetarian stuffed acorn squash is an easy meal to whip up and is packed with nutrients!
- Creamy sausage and tomato soup is a classic that the whole family will enjoy.
- Creamy curry chicken meatballs is a filling yet light dish that would pair beautifully with asparagus.
- Herb roasted chicken is one of those meals that really embodies the idea of good old fashioned home cooking.
More Sea Salt Savorings Classics
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi Caprese with Asiago Spinach Sausage
- Mojo Chicken (baked, grilled, or stovetop!)
- Chicken Margherita(grilled, baked, or stove top!)
- Small Apartment Design
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
5 Minute Oven Roasted Asparagus
Oven roasted asparagus is such an easy side dish that is healthy, delicious, and fast cooking.
- 1 lb raw asparagus
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the bottom 2 inches off the asparagus spears.
Lay the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet. Brush the olive oil on the asparagus using the basting brush. Sprinkle garlic powder and salt on top.
For smaller asparagus spears, roast for 5 minutes. Larger asparagus spears will need 8 minutes to cook. Do not overcook the asparagus as it will get very mushy. Remove from the oven immediately. Serve with your favorite meal. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!
Leave a Reply