Italian chicken wraps are made with juicy, perfectly seasoned chicken strips, spinach, tomatoes, and topped with oil and vinegar. This is the perfect protein-packed lunch that will keep you full and satisfied!
Healthy chicken wraps
I have the perfect healthy chicken wrap recipe for you! It’s packed with protein, will keep you fuller for longer, and is so tasty! Introducing.. drum roll, please… Italian chicken wraps!
You will love these chicken wraps
- These Italian chicken wraps are super easy to make. These chicken wraps use simple, easy to find ingredients and require minimum preparation.
- They are ready in 10 minutes. Cutting the chicken super thin ensures the chicken cooks in 6 minutes. These wraps are ready in under 10 minutes since the chicken cooks so quickly!
- They are healthy and packed with protein. These chicken wraps are healthy because each wrap has a couple of servings of vegetables in them. The chicken and spinach are loaded with protein and will keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours! Now that’s my kind of lunch!
Chicken wrap ingredients
- Flour tortilla– Opt for the extra large flour tortillas if they are available, you can stuff them with more goodies!
- Chicken– I like to use thin cuts of chicken like chicken tenderloins, then slice them even smaller so they cook quickly!
- Seasoning– Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt for quick and tasty seared chicken.
- Spinach– I chose spinach to really pack in the protein in this chicken wrap but you can opt for any leafy green that you prefer.
- Tomatoes– I love adding heirloom tomatoes because of their color and fresh flavor. Plum tomatoes would be perfect for this recipe, too!
- Red onion– Finely chopped red onion adds a little zing!
- Oil & vinegar– No one likes a dry chicken wrap- a half and half ration of oil and white balsamic or red wine vinegar is the best dressing for this recipe!
Cut the chicken thin
I prefer to use chicken tenderloins for this recipe because they are tender, juicy, and cook quickly. To speed up the cooking process, I slice them in half so they are 1/4″ thick. This ensures they will cook in about 5-6 minutes.
Make it your own
The beauty of making these wraps is that there are many ingredients you can add to make it your own. Here are a few of my favorite additions!
- mozzarella pearls
- fresh herbs like parsley, chives, or basil
- arugula, kale, or chard
- Italian dressing
- balsamic vinegar
- roasted red pepper
- flavored flour tortillas
How to make this healthy chicken wrap
- Cook the chicken. Place a small pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the olive oil. Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt. Sear the chicken breasts for 3 minutes on each side, or until it is done. Remove the chicken from the pan and slice it into thin strips.
- Start with the tortillas. Lay the tortillas on a flat surface.
- Layer the ingredients. First, lay your leafy greens down, then add the the chicken strips, sliced tomatoes, and drizzle it with oil and vinegar.
- Wrap it. Grab the bottom of the tortilla and fold it about 1-2 inches in. Grab the edge of the tortilla nearest you and roll it into itself so it is in a cylinder shape.
- Eat. Slice the tortilla in half or eat as one large tortilla. Mangia!
More sandwich ideas
- Cherry tomato bisque with provolone pesto grilled cheese
- Fried green tomato BLT with cajun remoulade sauce
- Boston lobster rolls
- Chicken Caprese sandwich
- Philly cheesesteak eggrolls with au jus sauce
Italian Chicken Wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz chicken sliced to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 tomato sliced thin
- 4 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Cook the chicken. Place a small pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the olive oil and coat the pan. Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt. Sear the chicken for 3 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and slice it into thin strips.
- Make the wrap. Lay the flour tortilla on a flat surface. Layer the spinach in the center of the tortilla. Add the chicken strips, sliced tomato, and red onion. Mix the olive oil and vinegar together, then drizzle over the center.
- Wrap it. Fold the bottom of the tortilla about 2 inches into itself. Grab the edge of the tortilla near you and roll it into itself to make a cylinder shape. Eat up! Mangia!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.