The perfect fusion of crunch and tenderness with these Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders. It’s a culinary delight that wraps the succulence of chicken in a golden, crisp parmesan armor, offering a symphony of textures and flavors. And the best part? You can bring this feast to your table in just under thirty minutes!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
Chicken is such a family favorite. It’s hard to get sick of chicken because it goes so well in so many dishes. Did I mention that the kids licked their plates?
This dish is a classic staple in our house, and it will be in your’s, too! Chicken tenders are breaded with parmesan cheese, Italian bread crumbs, a few seasonings, and pan fried in a skillet.
My favorite part of this meal is the thick breading on the chicken cutlet that is fried to pure perfection crispiness! Meanwhile, the chicken is still tender and juicy! All this flavor in under 30 minutes!
- Use a blender to break up the parmesan cheese. I use shredded parmesan cheese and blend it until it’s fine like the breadcrumb consistency.
- Dip the chicken in the whisked eggs. Hold the chicken over the bowl and let the excess egg run off it.
- Pack the breadcrumbs on the chicken. This is how you get the super crispy, crunchy, thick breading. Use your fingers to really push on the breadcrumbs to help it stick.
- Use coconut oil for a healthier frying option. You can use vegetable oil if that’s what you have on hand, but my favorite healthier option is coconut oil.
- For the Best Crunch: Always ensure that your oil is hot enough before frying the chicken. You can test this by dropping a small piece of breadcrumb into the oil. If it sizzles and floats to the top, the oil is ready. This ensures that your chicken gets that perfect golden color and doesn’t become oily or soggy.
- Protein: 1 lb of chicken tenders, the star of our dish.
- For the Coating: Freshly blended parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs for that signature crunch, and a touch of flour for consistency.
- Seasonings: Dried parsley, salt, and pepper to infuse the chicken with flavors that resonate.
- For Frying: Coconut oil – a healthier, aromatic alternative.
- Binder: Eggs to ensure the breading clings to every inch of the chicken tenders.
- Gluten-Free: Substitute the Italian breadcrumbs with gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Dairy-Free: Opt for a dairy-free parmesan alternative.
- Herb Infusion: Consider adding a teaspoon of dried basil or oregano to the breadcrumb mix for an extra layer of flavor.
Pair this crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken meal with a white wine pesto sauce or a red wine pasta sauce! Roasted vegetables with thyme, white wine and lemon roasted artichokes, or honey balsamic beets are perfect side dishes!
- Heat oil over medium heat in the pan. This is my first step before anything else, that way, the oil is ready for frying when the chicken is breaded.
- Break down the parmesan cheese in a blender. The parmesan cheese needs to be ground finely so it blends nicely with the breadcrumbs.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs. Then mix in the salt, pepper, parsley, and flour.
- Crack and whisk the eggs. Do this in a separate dish from the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the chicken in the eggs. Then hover the chicken over the bowl and allow the excess egg to run off it quickly.
- Dip the chicken in the parmesan bread crumb mixture. Pack it on with your fingers to really help the bread crumbs adhere to the egg and chicken.
- Place the parmesan crusted chicken in the hot frying oil. Cook on each side for 4-6 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a paper towel. This will help to absorb the oil from the chicken.
- Storing: Leftover Parmesan Crusted Chicken can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: First, cool the chicken down in the fridge for a couple hours. Next, place the parmesan chicken in the freezer in a single layer. After they are frozen, you can place them in a zip lock bag or your favorite air tight container.
- Reheating: The oven or an air fryer is the best reheating method to retain the chicken’s crispy texture. Place in a preheated oven at 350 °F or air fryer until they are heated through.
More Chicken Meals
- One Pan Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Mexican Chicken and Lime Soup
- Creamy Saffron and Lemon Chicken
- Chicken Margherita (grilled, baked, or stove top!)
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- In a medium pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, crack eggs and set to the side.
- Pour parmesan cheese into a food processor and blend until it is very fine. Place the cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and flour in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Working with one strip of chicken at a time, dunk it in the egg. Hold the chicken over the bowl and allow the excess egg to drip off. Place the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture and press the chicken into it. Flip the chicken and press it into the breadcrumbs so each side is coated.
- Place the chicken in the hot oil and fry on each side for 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan once it's done cooking, and place on a paper towel on a plate.
- Serve with your favorite sauce, pesto, or on top of a salad. Mangia!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.