One pan lemon and dill salmon and asparagus is ready in under 20 minutes! Garlic, lemon, and dill make this dish taste fresh and delicious!
Sheet pan salmon and asparagus
If you love easy salmon recipes, check out this one pan baked herb and parmesan salmon with vegetables, baked honey sriracha salmon, or baked salmon with cranberry relish.
Nothing gets me more excited than a healthy, delicious, and super quick dinner that I know the whole family can eat- which is why this sheet pan salmon recipe rocks!
Garlic, lemon, and dill go so well with the salmon filets and fresh asparagus- all the flavors merge into one insanely tasty meal. The best part? This salmon recipe is ready in 20 minutes with very minimum effort.
Sheet pan salmon is one of my all time favorite go-to meals because it cooks fast, is easy to clean up (especially since this salmon recipe is cooked in foil), and always hits the spot! Thirty minute meals have never been so easy!
Baked salmon is juicy and tender, while the asparagus still has that delightful crunch! It’s the perfect blend of flavors and textures! This salmon recipe truly is the best of both worlds.
Sheet pan salmon ingredients
- Salmon– For the best quality salmon, choose wild caught, never frozen salmon. Frozen wild caught salmon is the next best option as far as nutrients and flavor is concerned.
- Asparagus– Since asparagus cooks very quickly, look for larger asparagus. This way, the asparagus will cook slower and will still have a crunch to them!
- Butter– Salted butter adds a delicious layer of flavor.
- Garlic– Raw garlic is finely chopped and spread over the asparagus and the salmon.
- Lemon– Sliced lemon is squeezed over the salmon which ties all the flavors together!
- Seasoning– Dill, salt, and pepper is all you need to make this super simple salmon recipe!
Make it your own
This baked salmon recipe is super delicious, but I have a few suggestions to really amp it up! With the addition of a few more ingredients, you can make this recipe your own. Here are a few staples that taste great with the main components of this dish- garlic and lemon.
- Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
How to make salmon and aspragus
- Prepare the asparagus. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Chop the bottom two inches off of the asparagus (the woody part) and discard them.
- Season and wrap. Place a large piece of foil on a baking sheet. Place the salmon filet in the center of the foil, then the asparagus on each side. Brush the salmon and asparagus with olive oil, then sprinkle with the finely chopped garlic, dill, and salt. Squeeze and place the sliced lemon on top of the salmon. Place the butter cubes on top of the asparagus and salmon. Wrap the salmon and asparagus with the foil.
- Bake the salmon and asparagus. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size of your salmon filets.) Remove them from the oven, unwrap the foil, and mangia!
How to store and reheat
Place the salmon and asparagus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place the dish in the microwave for 2 minutes or in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
What to serve with baked salmon
- Italian vegetables are coated in a delicious gravy and comes together in just a few minutes for an easy and fast side dish.
- Every good dinner starts with these Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls. The smell of fresh rosemary and warm bread will be so enticing, it’s hard to wait for them to cool!
- Crispy oven baked eggplant cutlets are the perfect Italian side dish. Sliced eggplant is coated in a breadcrumb and parmesan cheese mixture and crisped to perfection.
- Olive and herb focaccia is made quicker than the traditional recipe with a few easy adjustments. This Italian bread is full of fresh herbs, cured olives, and tons of flavor!
More seafood favorites!
- Buttery Cajun Shrimp
- Creamy Shrimp and bacon Scampi
- New England Lobster Rolls
- Shrimp and Tortellini with Beurre Blanc
One Pan Lemon Dill Salmon and Asparagus
- 1/2- 1 lb salmon filet
- 1/2 lb asparagus bottom 2 inches cut and discarded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon squeezed, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter cubed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a sheet of foil on a baking sheet. Place the salmon in the center of the foil, then arrange the asparagus on the sides.
- Brush the olive oil on the asparagus and salmon. Sprinkle the garlic, dill, and salt on top. Squeeze the lemon over everything, then add two slices on top of the salmon. Place the cubed butter on top.
- Wrap the foil over the top of the salmon and asparagus. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of your salmon filet.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and unwrap the salmon and asparagus. Serve and mangia!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.