Korean Ground Beef Bowl combines all the delicious flavors of Korean BBQ in under thirty minutes. With notes of sweet and tangy, this simple dish is a great way to make dinner easier!Jump to Recipe
Easy Korean Beef
Monday’s can be my best friend or my worst enemy. Some weekend I don’t want to end and I’m all like “aww look at my adorable little children, come along and let’s make some cookies!” Other weekends I’m just staring off into the abyss as my children completely deconstruct my house down to the foundation.
Needless to say, with the school year just starting, I’ve been needing some easy and fast dinners. Whether it’s taking Ava to gymnastics practice, or taking an impromptu visit to the beach, I am always on the go. I’m also hungry, too, so dinner is an important priority to me.
This has become a family favorite just by the sheer simplicity of the dish and the layers of flavor. Sweet and tangy does not sound like it belongs on ground beef, but just trust me. You can’t go wrong with 30-minute meals that require few ingredients and taste like this!
Korean Ground Beef
Easy Korean Beef Ingredients:
- 1 LB grass fed ground beef
- broccoli florets
- garlic cloves
- fresh ginger
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- red pepper flakes
- optional: sesame seeds, green onions, pickled radishes and carrots
Tips to make Korean beef and broccoli:
- Use grassfed beef that is less than 10% fat. The more fat, the more greese. If you are using more than 10% fat, drain the beef after it is cooked before adding the soy sauce mixture.
- Use fresh ginger and garlic. Here’s my favorite tip: freeze ginger and use it when you need it! It is so much easier to grate.
- Use minute rice to make this dinner even easier and quicker!
- Use honey as the sweetener. To avoid sugar, use honey to sweeten this dish to give it that perfect tanginess!
Korean Beef Recipe
How to make Easy Korean Ground Beef Rice Bowls
- Make the sauce by mixing the soy sauce, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and honey. Set aside.
- Boil water and cook rice according to package instructions.
- Heat a medium cast-iron pan over medium heat. Cook ground beef until it is no longer pink, then add sauce and broccoli florets and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve these bowls by adding rice, then topped with ground beef and broccoli, then top with sesame seeds and green onions. Mangia!
Easy Korean Rice Bowl With Beef and Broccoli
Other Take Out Ideas:
- Lemongrass Bahn Mi Chicken Bowl
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken
- Beef Pho
- Drunken Noodles
- Asian Spicy Cucumber Salad
Other Sea Salt Savorings Classics
- This whole chicken is roasted with fresh herbs, garlic, white wine, and a few spices to create a juicy and flavorful dinner.
- This easy, simple ingredient 20 Minute Creamy Lemon Orzo With Salmon is a fresh tasting meal. With light hints of lemon and Parmesan cheese, this dinner is satisfyingly delicious.
- Chicken and dumplings is a classic that is made even easier with this recipe! Rotisserie chicken and store-bought stock make this recipe easy to make in thirty minutes!
- This creamy Copy Cat Panera Bread Baja Macaroni and Cheese is exploding with flavor! With garlic-lime seared chicken, fresh pico de gallo, and extra cheese macaroni, this dish is a hit!
- Pesto Pasta With Artichoke Hearts is a vegetarian meal that bursts with flavor! Fresh peppery basil and juicy lemons enhance the flavor of the artichoke hearts, giving this dish a perfect balance of simplicity and taste.
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Easy Korean Beef and Broccoli
Korean Ground Beef Bowl combines all the delicious flavors of Korean BBQ in under thirty minutes. With notes of sweet and tangy, this simple dish is a great way to make dinner easier!
- 1 LB ground beef
- 1 TBS sesame seed oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 TBS honey
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked rice
In a medium pot, cook rice according to package details. Set to the side.
In a medium-sized cast iron pan, cook ground beef until it is well done over medium heat. Drain the beef, and set to the side.
Return the pan to the stove. Toss in the sesame seed oil. Finely chop the garlic and add to the pan, sauteing for 2 minutes. Add in the broccoli florets, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, and honey. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add beef and stir.
To serve, add rice to the bottom of the bowl, and top with beef and broccoli. Add sesame seeds and scallions, and serve immediately! Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!