Coconut milk chia seed pudding can be made by simply combining ingredients in one glass jar! With blueberry and raspberry sauce, this red white and blue healthy treat is perfect for Summer time fun!
Easy Coconut Milk Chia Seed Pudding
My favorite recipes for Summer are the ones you can make easily and don’t require much time. School is getting out, and my
patience time is limited. Kids are demanding of snacks, and it’s usually when I have my hands full and am knee deep in something else. Chia seed pudding is an easy, healthy snack that my kids gobble up at any time of day!
What better colors to kick off Summer with than red, white, and blue? Summertime means the 4th of July, BBQ, pools, and cold treats. Luckily, you can throw this chia seed pudding together in one cup, set it in the fridge, and let it work it’s magic! The chia seeds will absorb the coconut milk, expand, and create a pudding-like consistency.
Using this basic chia seed pudding recipe, the possibilities are endless. Frozen fruit can be used to top it off and cool it down, or you can opt for hemp seeds. A few of my favorite toppings include flax seed, coconut flakes, honey, and some pumpkin seeds. This is a delicious snack that is packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, and loads of flavor.
Health Benefits of Chia Seed Pudding
- Chia seeds-this super food is packed with omega 3, antioxidants, calcium, potassium, magnesium, protein and fiber. This helps with maintaining healthy skin, balanced blood sugar, stronger bones, heart health, and maintain muscle strength and repair.
- Full fat coconut milk-Packed with medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), coconut milk is linked to balancing the gut flora, and may even help with weight loss. Coconut milk is high in saturated fat and lipids, which is good for heart health, immunity, and cellular growth.
- Raspberries- Loaded with antioxidants, vit C, folate, Vit E, potassium, and much more. Raspberries are accredited for reducing the risk of stroke, diabetes, weight loss, heart health, and cellular repair.
- Blueberries- High in vit K1, manganese, and Vit C, blueberries prove to be a great superfood. Blueberries help with balanced blood sugar, heart and brain health, and cellular repair.
How to keep chia seed pudding from clumping?
To avoid clumps of chia seeds, shake the mason jar a few times within the duration of the two hours it will take to thicken. If the seeds get stuck on the side of the jar, simply grab a fork and manually break them up. If you leave the clumps, some of the chia seeds will not absorb, and it throws off the consistency.
What kind of chia seeds to use for pudding?
Any dry chia seed is good for this pudding recipe. White chia seeds tend to have less fiber than the black chia seeds, although they are higher in protein. Either way, they both function the same way and will absorb the milk to make the pudding! Yum!
How to make chia seed pudding?
- Open the can of coconut milk, and combine the milk, honey, and cinnamon with the chia seeds in a mason jar. Put a lid on it, give it a good shake.
- Place the jar in the fridge, and let the chia seeds absorb the milk for 2 hours.
- In a small pot, place 1 cup of frozen blueberries and honey over medium heat. Stir every couple of minutes for 10-20 minutes, until the blueberries have reduced to a syrup-like consistency.
- Repeat step 3 with the raspberries.
- Place raspberry sauce and blueberry sauce in separate bowls in the fridge.
- When chia seed pudding is ready, layer it in cups with the sauces. Top with your favorite nuts, flakes, sweetners, etc. Enjoy!
More Sweet Treats
- Blueberry Yogurt Breakfast Popsicles are the perfect way to bring in the warmer weather. Frozen blueberries are reduced to a syrup, and mixed with oats, yogurt, and protein powder, providing a healthy, satisfying treat to enjoy at any time of the day!
- Blueberry Vegan Ice Cream has only bananas, blueberries, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract. All you need is a blender and 5 minutes to make this creamy, sweet, sugar free, ice cream.
- No Bake Layered Vegan Cheesecake has a smooth, delicious taste with hints of raspberry and vanilla. The chocolate crust compliments the fruity tones, making this healthy treat an absolute must try!
- The Pinkity Drinkity (Strawberry Coconut Caffeinated Pink Drink) is a lightly sweetened healthy and refreshing drink. Hibiscus and green tea are sweetened with fresh strawberries, raw local honey, vanilla, and coconut cream, making this treat Paleo, Keto, and refined sugar free.
Coconut Milk Chia Seed Pudding
- 5 TBS chia seeds
- 1 13.5 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 TBS honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 TBS honey
- Shake and open can of coconut milk, and pour it into a large mason jar. Add chia seeds, honey and cinnamon to the milk. Put a lid on the jar.
- Shake the jar to combine all ingredients, then place in the fridge for 2 hours to allow chia seeds to absorb the liquid. Give the jar a shake once and a while to prevent clumping.
- In a small pot, place blueberries and honey over medium heat. Allow to cook for 15 minutes while it boils down to a syrup. Remove the blueberry syrup and place in a glass jar in the fridge.
- In a small pot, place raspberries and honey over medium heat. Allow to cook for 15 minutes while it boils down to a syrup. Remove the raspberries syrup and place in a glass jar in the fridge.
- When chia seeds are ready, layer the sauces and chia seed pudding in a cup, sprinkle your favorite toppings over it, serve! Mangia!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.