The Pinkity Drinkity (Strawberry Coconut Caffeinated Pink Drink) is a lightly sweetened healthy drink. Hibiscus and green tea combined with fresh strawberries, creamy coconut and raw honey makes this drink super refreshing.Jump to Recipe
Starbucks copycat Pink Drink Recipe
I used to be all obsessed with Dunkin’ Donuts coffee when I was living back home in Massachusetts. Then I joined the Army and realized life called for a much stronger coffee… so I graduated to Starbucks. Now I am a black coffee, cold because the kids made you forget it on the counter kinda gal.
While in Cancun, I enjoyed a quick walk with my sisters every morning to Starbucks. My youngest sister, Sophia, excitedly ordered the Pink Drink, proclaiming it as the most favored drink of our favorite makeup artist, James Charles. It was lovingly dubbed “the Pinkity Drinkity.”
I took a quick sip, weirded out that any human can function off anything other than coffee first thing in the morning. Wow! It was so refreshing, creamy, and light! I knew I had work to do in my kitchen upon my arrival.
If you’re from Florida, you know hibiscus is a big deal here. I used to have rows of hibiscus lining my chicken coop, until my chickens destroyed it (and everything else I love).
It’s no surprise the base of this Starbucks copycat drink is using hibiscus and green tea. Combining these two teas gives a floral note, but also adds caffeine- a necessary element of most people’s days.
Ingredients and benefits
- Hibiscus tea– packed with antioxidants, which fight free radicals in the bloodstream. Lowers blood pressure, helps lower and maintain healthy cholesterol, helps reduce insulin resistance, contains bioflavanoids that help with depression, and helps reduce the risk of kidney stones
- Green tea– reduces inflammation, promotes heart health, reduces cholesterol, helps increase bone density, improves brain function and memory.
- Fresh Strawberries– contains antioxidants called anthocyanin and catechin which lower risk for diseases and cancer, help reduce inflammation, has anti aging benefits, contains Vit C, A, Manganese, Magnesium, Vit K, Potassium, and folate.
- Coconut cream– can help lower cholestrol, promotes heart health, contains healthy fats, provides electrolytes, and helps aid digestion
- Raw honey– packed with antioxidants and antifungal/antibacterial properties, honey production is an amazing process!
How to make it
- Brew the tea. Add hot water over the hibiscus and green tea bags and let them steep for 5 minutes.
- Blend the ingredients. Add the fresh strawberries, coconut milk, tea, honey, and vanilla extract to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve over ice. Pour the drink mixture over crushed ice and add some straws to your glass. Kick back and drink up!
How to prevent it from separating?
- Sunflower lecithin is a great emulsifier. This binds the coconut cream to the water easier, reducing the separation of fat and oil. There are health benefits to Sunflower Lecithin, too! It is a common aid for increasing the supply of breast milk, helping with digestion, brain function, and helps reduce cholesterol.
- Use coconut milk instead of coconut cream. What’s the difference? Coconut cream is the solid white creamy substance at the top of an opened can of coconut milk. It is the fat that separated from the coconut water. Scoop the coconut cream right out of the can and into the blender, or replace it using a splash of coconut milk, which is already emulsified.
What to serve with it
- One batch of classic buttermilk pancakes makes four different kinds! Fluffy, flavorful, and simply delicious!
- Raspberry and vanilla cream cheese danish puff pastry treat is baked to perfection with cream cheese and a raspberry reduction and drizzled with icing.
- Mini Blueberry pancake bites are made with creamy buttermilk for an extra fluffy texture. A refined sugar-free lemon drizzle adds the perfect zing to this delicious breakfast!
- This one skillet loaded breakfast scramble has heaps of spinach, eggs, and sausage to give you the best flavors and nutrients the morning has to offer! Sun-dried tomatoes and paprika sets this recipe aside from the rest!
- Smoked salmon with cream cheese on perfectly toasted bagels is a satisfyingly delicious breakfast! Topped with a special cucumber sauce, these lox and bagels are packed with flavor!
Other Sea Salt Savorings Classics
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi Caprese with Asiago Spinach Sausage
- Mojo Chicken (baked, grilled, or stovetop!)
- Chicken Margherita(grilled, baked, or stove top!)
- Small Apartment Design
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Pinkity Drinkity (Strawberry Coconut Caffeinated Pink Drink)
The Starbucks copycat Pinkity Drinkity (Strawberry Coconut Caffeinated Pink Drink) is a lightly sweetened, healthy drink. Hibiscus and green tea combined with fresh strawberries, creamy coconut and raw honey makes this drink super refreshing.
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 hibiscus tea bag
- 1 green tea bag
- 5 fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp honey
Make the tea. Warm water in a mug in the microwave for 1 minute. Add hibiscus and green tea bags and let it seep for 5-10 minutes.
Blend it together. Combine the tea blend, fresh strawberries, coconut cream, vanilla extract, and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
Serve over ice. Pour the pink drink mixture over ice into two cups. Top with whipped cream, diced strawberries, and a drizzle of honey. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!