Tortellinis, fresh tomatoes, and asparagus are tossed in an herbal Green Goddess dressing and topped with parmesan cheese. This 20 minute meal meatless meal is how you get dinner done!Jump to Recipe
Green Goddess Tortellini Salad
The quickest way to my heart is a mean pasta dish. I love the warmth pasta brings to the table, and the food coma that follows shortly after. Tortellini have a special place in my heart.
My (great) Grandma Lee always had a piping hot bowl of Cappalletti soup topped with loads of grated parmesan cheese ready for me as soon as I walked in my door. She’d ask “are you hungry?” rhetorically as she handed you a spoon.
Tortellini are quick and easy to cook and make for a fabulous base for meatless meals. This green goddess tortellini recipe will not disappoint!
Ingredients for Green Goddess Tortellini Salad
- Cheese-filled tortellini- since this recipe is a meatless one, I opted for the cheese-filled tortellini.
- Green Goddess dressing– an easy dressing to whip up in the blender! Simply combine sour cream, basil, parsley, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and white wine vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth!
- Raw asparagus– I like dishes with a variety of textures, so adding pops of fresh crunch was a must. Raw asparagus provides a light flavor and the perfect crunch.
- Cherry tomatoes- in addition to raw asparagus, the fresh cherry tomatoes add a little more flavor and beautiful color!
- Parmesan cheese- everything tastes better with a little parmesan cheese sprinkled on top- this dish is no exception!
Make the green goddess dressing ahead of time.
This dressing only takes a few minutes to put make since it only requires a few ingredients and a quick swirl in the blender. Simply store the dressing in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
You can store the green goddess dressing for up to two weeks in the fridge.
Make the whole dish ahead of time.
This green goddess tortellini salad tastes really delish when it’s fresh and warm, but the flavor developed even more in the fridge! This makes for an easy dish to prepare ahead of time, and for cold lunches to take to work!
How to make Green Goddess Tortellini Salad step by step
- Boil the tortellini. The tortellini only takes a few minutes to boil, and that’s the longest part of this recipe. Be sure to generously salt the boiling water before tossing the tortellini in.
- Make the green goddess dressing. Toss some sour cream, basil, parsley, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, white wine vinegar, and olive oil in a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until smooth. There, now the dressing is done! Easy, right?
- Chop the asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Use a hand bundle of asparagus or about 1 heaping cup. Remove the bottom 2 inches of the asparagus and discard. Chop the rest of the asparagus into bite-sized pieces. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Place the vegetables in a bowl.
- Strain the tortellini. Once the tortellini are stained, add them to the bowl with the asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
- Add the green goddess dressing. Use a rubber or wooden spatula to gently toss the tortellini salad with the green goddess dressing. Make sure to evenly coat everything.
- Serve with parmesan cheese. For a more layered flavor, add parmesan cheese to highlight all the delicious notes in the green goddess dressing.
How to store Green Goddess Tortellini Salad
In the fridge
Store green goddess dressing in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. If you have mixed everything and want to store the green goddess tortellini salad, store it in an airtight container for up to 7 days. After 2 or three days, the asparagus and tomatoes will wilt since they are cut, so eat up!
More Sea Salt Savorings Classics
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi Caprese with Asiago Spinach Sausage
- Mojo Chicken (baked, grilled, or stovetop!)
- Chicken Margherita(grilled, baked, or stove top!)
- Small Apartment Design
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Green Goddess Tortellini Salad
Tortellinis, fresh tomatoes, and asparagus are tossed in an herbal Green Goddess dressing and topped with parmesan cheese. This 20 minute meal meatless meal is how you get dinner done!
- 225 grams package of dried tortellini
- 1 batch of Green Goddess Dressing Recipe link in notes
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous about of salt to the water, and place the lid on the pot. When the water is rapidly boiling, add the tortellinis and cook according to package instructions.
While the tortellinis are cooking, combine all the green goddess dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Halve the tomatoes. Chop the bottom two inches off the asparagus and discard. Chop the rest of the asparagus to bite sized pieces. Toss the asparagus and the cherry tomatoes in a bowl.
Drain the tortellinis and add to the bowl. Use a wooden spatula and gently incorporate the green goddess dressing until everything is evenly coated. Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!