Greek orzo pasta salad is loaded with juicy cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, fresh herbs, and lemon juice. This is the perfect 15 minute weekday dinner recipe that everyone will love!
Why you’ll love this orzo pasta salad:
I cannot get enough of 30 minute meals- especially when they are made in even less time! This is the perfect orzo pasta salad recipe because it is jam packed with fresh ingredients which results in an ultra flavorful and colorful meal.
Juicy grape tomatoes, chickpeas, orzo pasta, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and fresh herbs combine to create an explosion of fresh summery flavor. Whether you are looking for a meatless meal, or just an easy, minimum effort dinner idea, this orzo pasta has you covered!
- It’s ready in 15 minutes. This orzo pasta salad is super easy to make and it’s ready in just 15 minutes! The orzo cooks in about 15 minutes and then the ingredients are tossed together and it’s ready to serve!
- It’s loaded with flavor! Juicy tomatoes, sliced cucumber, lemon juice, fresh parsley, and orzo pasta combine to make an explosively delicious pasta salad that is nutrient-dense and oh so easy to make!
- It can be eaten hot or cold. Summertime is the perfect time to make dinners that are quick, easy, and can be eaten cold. This orzo pasta salad recipe can be eaten hot or cold and makes for delicious leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch. The flavors develop and get even more delicious when it sits in the fridge overnight!
Orzo pasta salad key ingredients
Orzo pasta– You can find orzo pasta in the pasta aisle of most well stocked grocery stores. Orzo looks similar to rice, but it is actually pasta and can be cooked to al dente. It’s a perfect ingredient to use because it cooks in 10 minutes, goes with just about any kind of meal, and is very budget friendly.
Chickpeas– You can use canned or dry chickpeas for this orzo pasta salad recipe. I prefer to use organic canned chickpeas because it’s quick and easy! Chickpeas are loaded with nutrients and protein that is important for a healthy body and brain function.
Tomatoes– Cherry or grape tomatoes add a ton of flavor and color to this orzo pasta salad recipe. I love to use a mixture of colors of tomatoes because it looks so beautiful and extra appetizing!
Cucumber– Sliced cucumber adds a bit of crunch and loads of fresh flavor to this orzo dish. You can use regular or English cucumbers!
Kalamata olives– Halved kalamata olives gives this Greek orzo pasta so much flavor! These olives are full bodied tasting, but if they are not your flavor, you can add regular black olives instead.
Feta cheese– Crumbled feta cheese adds the perfect bite to this dish and in my opinion, is a must have! It really ties in all the flavors and adds a hint of savory saltiness.
Make it ahead of time
You can make this orzo pasta salad ahead of time and serve it when you are ready. This Greek orzo pasta salad is delicious and can be eaten hot or cold. Simply toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl, cover with a lid, and place it in the fridge until you are ready to serve! The flavor develops even more when it has time to sit in the fridge.
How to make orzo pasta salad
- Cook the orzo pasta. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a roaring boil. Cook the orzo pasta according to package instructions until it is al dente. Drain the orzo pasta and set it to the side.
- Combine all the ingredients. Add the orzo pasta, chickpeas, kalamata olives, tomatoes, parsley, red onion, cucumber, garlic, feta cheese, salt, lemon juice, and olive oil to a bowl. Mix the orzo pasta salad well and serve. Mangia!
How to store and reheat
To Store this orzo pasta salad, place it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To reheat this dish, place it in the microwave for 1 minute or until it is heated through.
What to serve with orzo pasta
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumber halved and sliced
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bring a medium sized pot of generously salted water to a roaring boil. Add the orzo pasta to the pot and cook according to package instructions. Drain the orzo pasta, then place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the orzo, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, red onion, kalamata olives, parsley, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, feta cheese and salt in the mixing bowl, then stir to combine. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes to serve it cold or serve immediately. Mangia!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.