Breakfast bruschetta is made with fluffy scrambled eggs, juicy cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil over toast. This breakfast is fresh, quick, and easy!Jump to Recipe
Scrambled egg bruschetta
Breakfast is probably the most underrated meal of the day. You’re all sleepy and groggy, barely functioning, and pouring yourself a cofee while you yawn. The last thing you feel like doing is preparing a 5 course meal for these early hours.
I feel this way about breakfast, too. I alwways have a box of cereal on hand for these mornings, but I have been busy in the kitchen trying new recipes for you to make that are ready in under 20 minutes, including prep work and cooking time!
This scrambled egg bruschetta is so easy to make, uses simple, healthy ingredients, and takes no time! The eggs are super fluffy and so delicious, especially with pops of flavor and color thanks to the juicy cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.
A drizzle of olive oil over bread is all you need to make the best toast ever! The olive oil adds a depth of flavor that usually ties together traditional bruschetta.
This scrambled egg bruschetta breakfast is definitely my new favorite way to enjoy eggs. It’s so easy to get into a cooking rut with eggs, especially for breakfast, but this classic with a new twist is downright delicious!
Egg bruschetta ingredients
- Eggs- Use whatever eggs are available to you, but I suggest finding someone local to you that sells eggs. Fresh eggs always taste richer than store-bought because they are not as old and the chickens are handled differently.
- Milk- You can make this recipe vegetarian by using nut milk if you’d prefer, or you can use whole milk- your choice!
- Cherry tomatoes- Cherry, grape, or even Roma tomatoes are perfect for this recipe. If you decide to use Roma tomatoes, slice them in half and deseed them before you dice them.
- Fresh basil- Using fresh basil is a must for this recipe. It adds a fresh, peppery flavor that traditional bruschetta has.
- Roasted red peppers- You can find roasted red peppers in most grocery stores, they are usually in a glass container in the canned vegetable aisle.
- Bread- You can use whatever bread you have on hand, even sandwich bread. I really enjoyed using crusty French bread!
- Olive oil- Opt for high-quality olive oil to get the best flavor!
How to make breakfast bruschetta
- Make the scrambled eggs. Whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then pour it into a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Scramble the mixture until the eggs are well done.
- Prepare the bruschetta. Halve the cherry tomatoes, dice the roasted red pepper, and finely chop the basil, then combine with the cooked scrambled eggs in the pan, allowing them to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Make the toast. Drizzle olive oil over the sliced bread, then place it in the oven at 400 degrees for 5-8 minutes.
- Assemble. Scoop the egg bruschetta on top of the toast and dig in! Mangia!
More breakfast recipes
- Fluffy buttermilk cannoli stuffed pancakes are stuffed with a sweet mascarpone and ricotta cheese filling and topped with chocolate chips- the perfect family breakfast!
- Banana foster French toast is an easy 30 minute breakfast that features delicious caramelized banana slices in a brown sugar, rum, and butter sauce. The perfect way to start your day!
- Homemade blueberry toaster strudels are made with fluffy puff pastry dough and an easy to make blueberry sauce. This buttery handheld breakfast is drizzled in a delicious icing- the icing on the cake!
- Baked breakfast taquitos are stuffed with hot sausage, eggs, diced chilis, and Mexican cheese for an easy and delicious on the go breakfast! Enjoy these taquitos anytime, anywhere!
- Quick and easy homemade pop tarts are stuffed with your favorite filling, baked to perfection, and drizzled with a delicious frosting.
More Sea Salt Savorings classics
- Small Apartment Design
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- Easy Blackberry Cobbler
- Tropical Summer Sangria
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Breakfast bruschetta is made with fluffy scrambled eggs, juicy cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil over toast. This breakfast is fresh, quick, and easy!
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Roma tomatoes deseeded, diced
- 1/2 roasted red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup basil finely chopped
- 8 slices of bread
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Make the toast. Lay the toast in a single layer on a bakign sheet, then drizzle lightly with olive oil. Place the bakign sheet in the oven adn cook for 5 minutes until it is crunchy and browned.
Make the scrambled eggs. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in medium sized pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk, then whisk until it is well combined. Pour the eggs into the pan and break them up with a spatula to scramble them. Cook the eggs for about 4 minutes, until they are done.
Make the bruschetta. Chop the deseeded tomatoes, basil, and roasted red pepper. Toss them in the pan with the cooked scrambled eggs and cook for another 2 minutes.
Plate it. Plate the toast, then scoop a few spoonfuls of the scrambled egg bruschetta over the toast. Serve with more fresh basil, parsley, or cracked pepper. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!