Strawberry quick bread is delicious, moist, and loaded with fresh strawberries. The strawberry lemonade cream cheese frosting is the perfect addition to this bread!Jump to Recipe
The best strawberry quick bread
How are ya’ll holding up? We are staying busy over here during this quarentine. Levi is continously working on our bathroom renovation. I cannot wait to do the big reveal! We’re doing a 1920’s meets 2020 look.
The kids were struggling with some major cabin fever (don’t feel bad for them, they have a pool, acreage, trampoline, a swing set, and endless animals to play with). Luckily, the local strawberry farm is still open and the sun was shining, so we hopped in the car.
The strawberries were so juicy and ripe that when you bit into them, you’d have juice running down your face. Evelyn has a pension for picking only green or rotten strawberries and Cortland was more concerned with running amuck.
Five pounds of strawberries doesn’t last long in our house, but I was determined to save a few cups to make something delicious! This strawberry bread was the perfect idea! The strawberry lemonade cream cheese frosting strikes a perfect balance of sweet and tangy, and the bread is so moist and flavorful!
Of course, the strawberry bread didn’t last very long in my house either. The bread is so addicting! It’s so pretty, but most of all, it’s so easy! This quick bread has all the typical ingredients you’d find in normal baked goods, with the addition of a few fresh ingredients like strawberries, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
Can I just announce that the smell for the entire hour it was baking was tantalizing! I took a bite and did one of those little two step dances you do when something is so good that it hits the soul!
I can’t wait for you to try this bread and do your own little two step happy dance.
Strawberry quick bread ingredients
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla AND strawberry extract
- Fresh strawberries
Strawberry lemonade cream cheese frosting ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Lemon zest and juice
- Strawberry extract
- Don’t skimp on the buttermilk. The buttermilk is a key ingredient to make this bread super moist and flavorful. This bread is a cross between a cake and a bread. The crumb is much like that of a cake, but the overall feel of it is comparable to a loaf of banana bread.
Buttermilk’s acidity helps break down the gluten in the all purpose flour and activates the baking soda. When you mix the ingredients, you will actually see some bubbling and maybe even hear the sizzling, too!
- Use strawberry extract. Adding strawberries to the bread isn’t enough, you need to add strawberry extract, too. This helps distribute the flavor of strawberry throughout the bread, instead of finding little hints of it.
- Make the frosting with room temperature ingredients. Since the bread takes about an hour to cook, take the frosting ingredients out and let them come to room temperature. You can’t frost the strawberry bread until it cools to room temperature, so you’ll have plenty of time!
- Toss the fresh strawberries in a little flour. Once the strawberries are diced, toss them with a little flour. This keeps the strawberries from sinking to the bottom of the bread.
- Don’t overmix the bread. Only mix the bread until it is just incorporated. Overmixing will result in a really dense bread.
How to make Strawberry bread with strawberry lemonade frosting
- Mise en place. Grab all your ingredients and get ready. Add the dry ingredients (the flour, salt, and baking soda) to a bowl and mix well. Add the wet ingredients (oil, egg, sugar, buttermilk, and extracts) to a separate bowl and mix to combine.
- Combine the ingredients. Dice the strawberries, then toss them in a bowl with a pinch of flour. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until they are just incorporated. Gently mix in the flour-covered strawberries.
- Bake the strawberry bread. Grease a loaf pan, then toss in a little flour so all sides are covered. Knock on the pan so the excess flour is shaken off. Pour the batter into the bread loaf and cook the bread for 50-70 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Make the frosting. Allow the cream cheese and butter to come to room temperature. Use an electric mixer and mix the butter and cream cheese until it is light and fluffy. Add the strawberry extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Set the frosting to the side.
- Frost the strawberry bread. Once the strawberry bread is done baking, let it cool on a cooling rack. Frost the strawberry bread with the strawberry lemonade cream cheese frosting, then decorate with sprinkles, powdered sugar, or enjoy as is! Mangia!
What goes with strawberry bread
- This strawberry soufflé uses fresh, sweet strawberries and farm fresh eggs to create a pillowy and delicious soufflé. This easy to make dessert has minimal, healthy ingredients and zero refined sugar!
- The Pinkity Drinkity (Strawberry Coconut Caffeinated Pink Drink) is a lightly sweetened healthy drink. Hibiscus and green tea combined with fresh strawberries, creamy coconut and raw honey makes this drink super refreshing.
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakes and every topping you can dream of! This pancake breakfast board is such a fun brunch idea!
- Lavender Lemonade Mimosas are made with a beautiful floral simple syrup made from scratch. Grab your favorite champagne and enjoy this effortlessly beautiful cocktail!
- Deep fried, pillowy raspberry filled beignets topped with lots of powdered sugar will transport you right to New Orleans!
More Sea Salt Savorings classics
- Tropical Summer Sangria
- Blackened Salmon with Mango Salsa and Coconut rice
- Roasted Summer Squash
- Cajun Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Strawberry Bread with Strawberry Lemonade Frosting
Strawberry quick bread is delicious, moist, and loaded with fresh strawberries. The strawberry lemonade cream cheese frosting is the perfect addition to this bread!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp strawberry extract
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 6 drops red or pink food coloring optional
Strawberry lemonade cream cheese frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp strawberry wxtract
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 drops yellow food coloring optional
Mix the bread ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bread pan with butter, then toss in a little flour to cover all the sides of the pan. Knock on the pan to shake off the excess flour. In a medim sized bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, buttermilk, vanilla extract, strawberry extract, food coloring (optonal), and bveegtable oil. Dice the strawberries and toss them in a bowl with the flour. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to just encorporate. Do not overmix. Gently stir in the flour covered strawberries.
Bake the bread. Place the bread on the middle oven rack and bake for 50-70 minutes. Use a toothpick to check to see if the bread is done. Stick the toothpick in the center of the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is ready. If the toothpick has batter on it, continue cooking and check every 5 minutes.
Make the frosting. Allow the cream cheese and butter to come to room tempurature. Use an electric hand mixer to combine the butter and cream cheese. Mix until it is light and fluffy. Add the strawberry extract, lemon juice, food coloring (optional), and lemon zest. Mix in the confectioner's sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Set the frosting to the side.
Frost the strawberry bread. Once the strawberry bread is done cooking, allow it to cool on a cooling rack. Use a spoon so spread the cream cheese frosting on the top of the strawberry bread. Top with your favorite sprinkles, more confectioner's sugar, or eat it as is! Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!