Take a trip to Mexico with this delicious pineapple peach agua fresca. This lightly sweetened and fruity drink is so refreshing and non alcoholic!Jump to Recipe
Mexican punch with pineapple juice
When I visit Cancún, I hop off the plane with visions of tropical fruity drinks dancing in my head. Mexico is full of color, flavors, and culture that I love to submerge myself in.
Agua fresca is always on tap, no matter where you go. It’s a Mexican specialty! This drink is made with fresh tropical fruits, water, and a little sprinkle of sugar. Everything is blended well,
then the mixture is poured over a strainer to separate the organic matter from the liquid. Serve this over a cup full of crushed ice and your in business!
Levi just built me some new chairs to put on my front porch. I’ve been known to sneak off with a tall glass of agua fresca and relax on my new favorite set of chairs. The real question remains- would you like a splash of vodka in it?
This is such a sweet summertime treat! The color is a vibrant and inviting orange, which is so appetizing! I ran out to my garden and snipped a little bit of my strawberry mint to garnish the glasses with. I really felt like I was in my own little tropical paradise!
Agua fresca ingredients
- Orange juice– You can use store bought or fresh squeezed orange juice, whichever you have on hand!
- Fresh peaches– Look for juicy, ripe peaches that are fragrant and soft.
- Fresh pineapple– Canned pineapple can be used instead of fresh pineapple, but the healthy enzymes in fresh pineapple are great for gut health!
- Frozen peaches- Adding frozen peaches to the agua fresca will keep the drink cool before it hits the fridge!
- Sugar– Just a pinch o’ sugar can really bring all the flavors out!
- Water– The base of agua fresca is refreshing and hydrating water!
- Use ripe fruit. Using ripened peaches and pineapple will make a significant difference in flavor. If you cannot get your hands on ripe fruit, you can use frozen or canned fruit.
- Use different kinds of sweetness. You don’t need to use refined sugar for this recipe! You can use monk fruit sweetener, maple syrup, honey, or stevia.
- Add additional fruits. If you have fruits that are going soft or you just think would be a great addition, go ahead and add it! Be creative in your kitchen!
How is agua fresca made in four easy steps
- Prepare the fruits. Cut the pineapple by cutting off the top and bottom. Next, slice the edges around the pineapple to expose the flesh. Slice the pineapple into bite sized pieces, including the core. Cut the peaches up and remove the pit.
- Blend it all together. Toss everything into a blender together and blend until it’s smooth.
- Strain the organic material. Pour the blended mix over a strainer to strain the organic material from the liquid.
- Serve over ice. Pour your agua fresca over ice and serve with a sprig of mint!
What goes with pineapple peach agua fresca
- Southern low country boil is an easy one-pot seafood dinner is packed with fresh Gulf shrimp, blue crab, crawfish, cajun sausage, potatoes, sweet corn, beer, and loads of seasoning! Grab a cold one and start cracking those craw daddies open!
- Every good dish starts with butter, which is why this tortellini with shrimp and beurre blanc sauce is delicious!
- Sweet, spicy, and a little bit tangy- this pan-roasted honey lime sriracha salmon is the best 30 minute meal!
- Mini Blueberry pancake bites are made with creamy buttermilk for an extra fluffy texture. A refined sugar-free lemon drizzle adds the perfect zing to this delicious breakfast!
- Smoked salmon with cream cheese on perfectly toasted bagels is a satisfyingly delicious breakfast! Topped with a special cucumber sauce, these lox and bagels are packed with flavor!
More Sea Salt Savorings classics
- Tropical Summer Sangria
- Blackened Salmon with Mango Salsa and Coconut rice
- Roasted Summer Squash
- Cajun Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Pineapple Peach Agua Fresca
Take a trip to Mexico with this delicious pineapple peach agua fresca. This lightly sweetened and fruity drink is so refreshing and non alcoholic!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 peaches pit removed, diced
- 3 cups pineapple diced
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp sugar
Prepare the fruit. Cut the pineapple and peaches into small chunks. Place the fruit into the blender.
Blend the mixture. Add the water and sugar to the blender with the fruit. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
Strain the agua fresca. Pour the blender mixture over a strainer or fine mesh sieve to separate the organic material from the liquid. Discard the fiberous material.
Serve over ice. Pour the agua fresca over ice and serve with a sprig of mint or a wedge of lime. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!