Pineapple matcha drink is a refreshing and tropical beverage that combines hints of pineapple, coconut, and ginger with smooth matcha tea. This easy and healthy drink is perfect to cool off with on those warm days!Jump to Recipe
Starbucks pineapple matcha
Have you tried Starbucks iced pineapple matcha drink? It’s so refreshing and tropical! I love it so much that I want it on a daily basis, so it only made sense that I attempt to make it at home. My recipe is a tad bit healthier because it uses wholesome ingredients, which means less chemicals and sugar!
Pineapple matcha drink is a super easy to make drink that is poured over ice for an extra refreshing feel. Every sip reminds me that summer is right around the corner!
I love that this recipe includes because there are hidden health benefits! Full fat coconut milk provides healthy fats, pineapple juice is loaded with vitamin C, and matcha tea powder is caffeinated and high in antioxidants. You could say this drink is the whole shabang!
Whether you share this pineapple matcha with a friend or just enjoy it by yourself, you will love how this drink is made with ease. It’s the perfect way to enjoy a little sip of tropical oasis!
Pineapple matcha ingredients
- Full fat coconut milk– I like to use Native Forest organic coconut milk because it is full fat, very flavorful, sourced ethically, and has pure, honest ingredients. Since the coconut is full fat, you’ll want to blend the fat and coconut water in a blender first before using it.
- Pineapple juice– A splash of pineapple juice adds that delicious tropical flava!
- Matcha powder– You can find matcha powder in most well-stocked grocery stores in the tea aisle. If you can only find matcha tea bags, then brew them according to package instructions and allow it to cool.
- Ginger– You can add a small slice of fresh ginger to give this drink a nice little tang.
- Simple syrup– A splash of simple syrup will sweeten this drink up perfectly, although you can use healthier alternatives like monk fruit sweeter, maple syrup, or even raw sugar.
Make it icy
You can turn this drink into a delicious slushy! Add the ice to a blender and blend until the ice is very finely chopped. Pour the mixture over the ice, then stir and serve! The slushy can get a bit watered down, so I recommend adding an extra splash of pineapple juice to the mix.
Make it ahead of time
This Starbucks pineapple matcha drink can be made ahead of time and served later. Combine the coconut milk, pineapple juice, matcha powder, simple syrup, and ginger in a large cup, then shake. Store the drink mixture in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Pour the drink over ice, add a straw, and kick back and relax!
How to make Starbucks iced pineapple matcha drink
- Add the content of the coconut milk can into a blender (the fat and the water). Blend until it is combined, then pour it into a container to store for later use.
- Combine the coconut milk, pineapple juice, simple syrup, ginger, and matcha powder in the blender and blend until it is combined.
- Pour the drink over ice, then serve! Mangia!
Health benefits of pineapple matcha
There are quite a few health benefits to this drink, which is just an added perk because it’s already insanely delicious and addicting!
Coconut milk is loaded with healthy saturated fat, which is great for hair, skin, nails, brain function, heart health, and metabolism. It’s also rich in nutrients like iron, manganese, copper, potassium, and selenium, which all are important for every day health.
Pineapple juice is rich in Vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese, copper, which can help reduce inflammation, aid indigestion, boost immunity, and promote heart health.
Matcha tea is slightly less caffeinated than coffee. A 3 oz scoop of matcha tea contains about 68 mg of caffeine whereas a cup of coffee on average contains about 90 mg of caffeine. Matcha is packed with catechins, which are very strong antioxidants that are linked to cellular repair.
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Copy Cat Starbucks Pineapple Matcha Drink
Pineapple matcha drink is a refreshing and tropical beverage that combines hints of pineapple, coconut, and ginger with smooth matcha tea. This easy and healthy drink is perfect to cool off with on those warm days!
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tsp simple syrup OR honey
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 cup ice
Combine the pineapple juice, coconut milk, matcha powder, simple syrup, and ginger in a blender and blend until it is smooth.
Add ice to the cups.
Pour the pineapple matcha over the ice. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!