Tuna patties with Old Bay seasoning are easy to make and so delicious! These healthy patties are packed with nutrients and flavor!Jump to Recipe
Canned tuna recipes for dinner
My dad’s claim to fame is the tuna sandwiches that he’d whip up as a weekend lunch. He’d mix canned albacore tuna with sweet relish, a little mayo, and loads of cracked pepper. I never really thought of eating tuna outside of lunches…mainly because those sandwiches were BOMB!
These patties are loaded with fresh flavor by using garlic, fresh dill, red onion, and lemon juice. These fresh flavors remind me of summertime in New England. Add the Old Bay seasoning, and now we’re talkin’!
The sauce for the tuna patties is fresh, light, and compliments all the flavors. Fresh lemon juice, zest and garden picked dill really dress up plain ol’ canned tuna!
- Canned tuna
- Panko bread crumbs
- Lemon juice
- Red onion
- Fresh dill
- Old Bay seasoning
For the dill sauce
- Sour cream
- Lemon zest and juice
- Press the tuna. Squeeze out as much liquid from the tuna as possible. This will make the patties hold better.
- Chop the onion super fine. Larger chunks of onion can make it harder to shape and hold the patty shape.
- Use other fun seasonings. Old Bay is a great seasoning, but it does have a slight spiciness to it. You can add other flavors like lemon pepper, sazon, Montreal steak, etc.
How to make canned albacore tuna patties
- Drain the tuna. Make sure there is as little liquid as possible in the tuna.
- Mix the ingredients. Mix together the egg, lemon juice, red onion, dill, and Old Bay seasoning. Once it’s mixed well, add the tuna and the bread crumbs and stir to combine.
- Shape the patties. Shape the patties to 1-inch thickness and place them on a plate.
- Pan-fry the patties. Heat a little oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, gently add the patties to the pan and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Make the sauce. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, lemon zest/juice, garlic, and salt in the blender. Blend for 30 seconds, or until well blended and smooth.
- Serve. Serve the tuna patties over a fresh salad, rice, or just by themselves! Top with the creamy dill sauce and mangia!
What sides go with tuna patties
- Five minute oven roasted asparagus is an easy, quick, and healthy side dish!
- Pan roasted broccoli with garlic is an addictingly delicious vegetable side dish that is packed with nutrients.
- Fresh herb and quinoa salad is put together in less than 30 minutes and is nutrient dense!
- Roasted vegetables are always a perfect side dish to any meal!
More Sea Salt Savorings classics
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi Caprese with Asiago Spinach Sausage
- Mojo Chicken (baked, grilled, or stovetop!)
- Chicken Margherita(grilled, baked, or stove top!)
- Small Apartment Design
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Healthy Tuna Patties
- 3 5 oz cans of tuna
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
For the sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
Drain the tuna. Make sure all the liquid is pressed out of the tuna. Set to the side.
Mix the ingredients. Combine the egg, red onion, lemon juice, dill, and Old Bay seasoning. Stir to combine. Add the tuna and breadcrumbs, then mix well.
Form the patties. Shape the patties to 1 inch thickness and place them on a plate.
Heat the pan over medium heat. Add the coconut oil to the pan and allow it to get hot over medium heat. Gently add the patties to the pan and sear on each side for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Using a spatula to flip the patties.
Make the sauce. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice/zest, garlic, and salt in a blender. Blend the sauce until it is smooth.
Serve. Drizzle the dill sauce over the tuna patties and top with more dill and wedges of lemon. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!