Delicious and easy to make funfetti dip is made with creamy Greek yogurt, whipped topping, and funfetti cake mix. This quick snack makes animal crackers extra dunkable!
Do ya’ll remember every 90’s child favorite snack- Dunkaroos?! Those were my jam! I was so disappointed when they were discontinued so I resorted to dunking animal crackers in a tub of frosting. It worked, but it did not compare.
This recipe is like a Dunkaroos funfetti dip, but healthier. It has all the sprinkles and funfetti flavor but is made with Greek yogurt and cool whip. The dip is nice and fluffy, making the dunking choices endless! I like to pick out a few different ingredients like animal crackers, strawberries, and graham crackers- palate pleasers!
Your kids are going to love this recipe- and you will too as you dive into this Dunkaroo funfetti dip! My kids had so much fun making it and even more fun eating it (and smearing it all over my new white curtains!).
Funfetti cake dip ingredients
- Funfetti cake mix- I prefer to use Pillsbury brand because it was always my go to when I picked out my birthday cake when I was a kid. This cake mix is true and tried and is everyone’s favorite!
- Cool whip- Grab the cool whip in the freezer section and thaw it out before using. The cool whip gives this funfetti dip the fluffiness that makes it ultra addicting!
- Vanilla Greek yogurt- The hint of vanilla adds extra flavor and sweetness to the dip and gives it a healthier twist!
Bake the cake mix
Raw flour should not be consumer as it can have salmonella. Scatter the funfetti cake mix on a baking sheet and bake it for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Let it cool for around 10 minutes before making the funfetti cake dip.
What to dunk with
You have some options here! This funfetti dip is fluffy, vanilla-y, and sweet, so it goes with lots of sweet crackers or cookies. Here are a few of my favorite recommendations:
- Fresh fruit- Strawberries, raspberries or apples go great with the funfetti dip with yogurt.
- Animal crackers- This is my go-to because they add the perfect crunch!
- Nilla wafers- If you are a vanilla lover, Nilla wafers are perfect for you!
- Graham crackers- I like to use honey graham crackers to dunk in the funfetti dip because they are crunchy and sweet!
- Vanilla wafers- If your looking for that extra sugary sweetness, try dunking with vanilla wafers!
How to make funfetti dip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scatter the funfetti cake mix on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Allow the cake mix to cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine the thawed cool whip topping and Greek yogurt in a large bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to whip the ingredients on low speed until well combined.
- Add the funfetti cake mix to the Greek yogurt mixture and mix on low speed until it is well incorporated.
How to store
Funfetti dip is the perfect fruit or cookie dip that can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Simply place the dip in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. The dip will get a little thicker since the flour will absorb the liquid, but it’s still super tasty and very dunkable!
Other dessert ideas you’ll love
- Easy 30 minute brownies
- New York cheesecake
- Cake batter ice cream
- Mango and tajin paletas
- Italian olive oil cake
- Electric hand mixer
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup funfettti cake mix
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- Combine the whipped topping and the Greek yogurt in a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer on low speed until it is well combined.
- Add the flour to the yogurt mixture, then mix on low speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Top the dip with sprinkles, then serve the funfetti dip with your favorite cookies or fruit. Mangia!
Simply place the dip in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. The dip will get a little thicker since the flour will absorb the liquid, but it’s still super tasty and very dunkable!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.