This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy 5-minute smoothie bowl is made with frozen bananas, berries, orange juice, and topped with fresh fruits- the perfect way to start your morning!Jump to Recipe
If you love quick breakfasts, check out lox and bagels, pink drink, or mini blueberry pancake bites.
This is it folks, you can find me eating a smoothie bowl daily now! It’s officially my all time favorite breakfast- for so many reasons! Let’s break it down, shall we?!
You’ll love this smoothie bowl!
- It takes 5 minutes (or less!). This is such a simple recipe. Place the ingredients in the blender, blend until smooth, slice some fruit and top your smoothie bowl with the fruit and other toppings. BAMB- done!
- Three ingredients! That’s it! Frozen bananas, frozen berries, and orange juice or almond milk- simple yet delicious.
- It’s a healthy vegan breakfast. This smoothie bowl is a delicious and healthy vegan breakfast that will keep you full and satisfied! Yum!
So that brings up the grand question- why a smoothie bowl rather than a smoothie? While smoothies are super delicious, I love this smoothie bowl because it’s thick, creamy, sort of resembles ice cream, and can be topped with even more ingredients. I love grabbing a spoonful of fresh sliced fruit and the creamy smoothie together- delish!
Smoothie bowl ingredients
- Frozen banana– Using a frozen banana will give the smoothie bowl a delicious creaminess that resembles ice cream or my vegan blueberry ice cream. Simple remove the banana from the peel, place it on a plate and freeze them. They are great to have on hand!
- Frozen strawberries– You can use any fruit you would like, but I really love the flavor combo of bananas, strawberries, and orange juice- it’s so fresh and delightful!
- Almond milk OR orange juice– If you’d like a boost of protein, I recommend using almond milk. Orange juice will add a great boost of vitamin C to your smoothie bowl- so either ingredient is great!
Make it your own
You can easily customize this smoothie bowl! I recommend using the frozen banana as the base as it will give the smoothie bowl the creamy, thick texture. Next, pick another frozen fruit like mango, pineapple, cherries, etc. Lastly, use your favorite liquid- milk, almond milk, juice, cherry juice, whatever you’d like!
It’s all about the toppings, baby!
Load this smoothie bowl up with all the toppings! Here are a few great recommendations that will kick this bowl up a knotch!
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Slivered almonds
- Fresh fruits like blueberries, strawberries, dragon fruit
- shredded coconut
How to make a smoothie bowl
- blend the ingredients. Add the frozen banana, frozen strawberries, and the liquid to a high-speed blender ( I love my Vitamix!) and blend on high until smooth.
- Top and serve. Place the smoothie into a large bowl. Top with your favorite toppings and dig in! Mangia!
More Sea Salt Savorings classics
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi Caprese with Asiago Spinach Sausage
- Mojo Chicken (baked, grilled, or stovetop!)
- Chicken Margherita(grilled, baked, or stove top!)
- Small Apartment Design
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Easy 5 Minute Smoothie Bowl
This easy 5-minute smoothie bowl is made with frozen bananas, berries, orange juice, and topped with fresh fruits- the perfect way to start your morning!
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice or almond milk
Blend the ingredients. Add the frozen banana, strawberries, and liquid to a blender and blend until it is smooth. Place the smoothie in a bowl, then top with your favorite toppings. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!
Leave a Reply