This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The best, fudgiest, most delicious brownies there are- Levi’s brownies! These are the perfect dessert for the whole family to enjoy!
Ya’ll! When I say my husband, Levi, makes the best brownies out there… I mean these things shouldn’t even be legal. Every gathering, party, or dinner we have, Levi always makes his brownies.. and guess what!? They are always the talk!
It’s time I share our loved brownie recipe with you. If you are a brownie lover like I am, you know that not all brownies are created equally. Everyone has their own version of nirvana found in a brownie. Mine happens to be the one with the crisped edges and gooey, fudgy center. Mouthwatering.
These brownies have it all- the perfect edges and the soft, fudgy deliciousness in every bite. The best part? They are ready in 30 minutes from start to finish!
After you try these brownies, you will swear off the prepackaged stuff for good. Fair warning- this brownie recipe will forever spoil brownies for you, there is no going back!
- Sugar– I like using unbleached sugar, like “>Florida Crystals.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder– I loved “>Anthony’s organic cocoa powder. We have used Hershey’s in the past and they are just as delicious. Make sure to sift the cocoa powder before measuring, it tends to get clumpy.
- All purpose flour– Opt for an unbleached all-purpose flour like King Arthur.
- Baking powder– I like using aluminum-free baking powder because it does not have a bitter taste.
- Butter– I like using salted butter because the added salt adds an extra layer of flavor. You can use unsalted if you’d like!
- Eggs– Eggs act as the binding agent in the brownies.
- Vanilla extract– I love using my homemade vanilla extract, especially because it has the little vanilla seeds in it!
Using different sized pans
So, here’s the deal- the size of the pan will affect the way your brownies turn out. My go-to is actually a “>round 9 inch glass pie dish, but if you want perfect square brownies, an 8 X 12″ dish will result in perfect 1 inch thick brownies that have chewy edges and gooey centers. Perfection.
For thicker brownies, use a 7X11″ pan. The brownies will be about 2″ thick and take about 40-45 minutes to bake.
For thinner brownies, you can use a 9X13″ pan, which will result in slightly thinner brownies and will cook in 17-20 minutes.
Make it even chocolatier
If you love those ooey, gooey chocolate pockets in your brownies, simply add chocolate chips or rough-chopped chocolate to the top before baking it. This will add the perfect amount of extra chocolate to these brownies!
Don’t overcook the brownies
It’s practically a sin to overcook brownies. Overcooking brownies will dry them out, it’s better to slightly undercook them. Leaving the brownies slightly undercooked will result in fudgier brownies. Yum!
Let them cool down
I know it will be super tempting, but don’t cut into the brownies until they have time to cool. They will cut much easier when they are are room temperature and will have that perfect fudginess.
How to make brownies
- Combine the wet ingredients. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, and the melted butter in a medium size bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Combine and whisk the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a separate medium size bowl.
- Mix it all together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while mixing. Mix until the ingredients are just combined. If using chocolate chips, add them in and lightly stir.
- Pour the batter. Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper, then dump the batter into the dish. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly to the edges of the dish.
- Bake the brownies. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the brownies for 25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool before cutting.
- Cut and serve. Use a knife to cut the brownies, then serve (maybe with some vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup- just a suggestion!).
More dessert recipes
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
The Best Brownies
The best, fudgiest, most delicious brownies there are- Levi's brownies! These are the perfect dessert for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Combine the dry ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Set it to the side.
Combine the wet ingredients. Whisk together the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
Combine the ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while stirring. Stir the mixture until it is just combined. If you are using chocolate chips, stir them in.
Bake the brownies. Place the brownies in the oven and bake them for 25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
Cut and serve. Cut the brownies with a sharp knife and serve. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!