Winter citrus salad drizzled with pomegranate vinaigrette is loaded with fresh berries, blood oranges, grapefruit, peppery arugula, and purple kale. This salad is fresh, slightly sweet, tangy, and so delicious!Jump to Recipe
Wow, do I have something for you!! This2w winter salad is EVERYTHING! I never have been a fan of sweet salad, but this salad has the best balance of tangy, sweet, and peppery.
Winter is citrus season here in Florida, my favorite! The blood orange and grapefruit wedges add much more that just great flavor! Citrus is loaded with vitamin C, which is great for boosting your immune system (super important for keeping the winter viruses at bay).
The pomegranate vinaigrette is sweet, tangy, and compliments everything so well! Pomegranate juice, olive oil, honey, and rosemary combine to make a super beautiful bright pink salad dressing! So posh, so cute, so delish.
This is one of those salad that make you want to hug yourself. It’s so beautiful, so healthy, and gives you a great boost of energy. This winter salad is the perfect way to brighten up your day during the afternoon slump.
Winter salad ingredients
- Purple kale
- Blood oranges
- Pine nuts
Pomegranate vinaigrette ingredients
- Pomegranate juice
- Olive oil
- White balsamic vinegar
Make it your own
This salad is super delicious as is, but there are so many ways to keep the flavor, but make it your own. Here are a few of my favorite additional ingredients to kick this salad up a knotch!
- Goat cheese
- Feta cheese
- Dried cranberries
How to make pomegranate vinaigrette
- Combine the pomegranate juice, olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar, and fresh rosemary in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth. Store the pomegranate vinaigrette dressing in an airtight container.
How to make winter citrus salad
- Prepare the salad mix. Cut the kale into bite sized pieces or rip it apart with your hands. Place the kale and baby arugula in a bowl.
- Top with the rest of the ingredients. Add the slices of blood orange, grapefruit, halved berries, pine nuts, and drizzle with the pomegranate vinaigrette. Mangia!
What to serve with winter salad
- Olive and herb focaccia is made quicker than the traditional recipe with a few easy adjustments. This Italian bread is full of fresh herbs, cured olives, and tons of flavor!
More Sea Salt Savorings classics
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi Caprese with Asiago Spinach Sausage
- Mojo Chicken (baked, grilled, or stovetop!)
- Chicken Margherita(grilled, baked, or stove top!)
- Small Apartment Design
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Winter Citrus Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Winter citrus salad drizzled with pomegranate vinaigrette is loaded with fresh berries, blood oranges, grapefruit, peppery arugula, and purple kale. This salad is fresh, slightly sweet, tangy, and so delicious!
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups purple kale
- 1 blood orange sliced, rind removed
- 1 grapefruit sliced, rind removed
- 1/2 cup strawberries halved
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries halved
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp rosemary
Make the pomegranate vinaigrette. Combine the pomegranate juice, olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar, and rosemary in a blender. Blend until it is well combined. Store in an airtight container.
Build the salad base. Add the arugula and kale to the bottom of the bowl.
Top the salad. Top the salad base with the blood orange, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and pine nuts. Drizzle with the pomegranate vinaigrette. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!