Unstuffed Pepper Skillet with ground beef is seasoned perfectly with your favorite Mexican spices, white rice, and crunchy bell peppers. This easy one-pan meal is ready for the family to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet
Even with a meal plan, I slip sometimes. There was no meat thawed out and ready to be cooked. Take out was not an option. Ground beef unstuffed pepper skillet was there to save the day!
With ingredients I already had thanks to my Perfect Pantry checklist, I had plenty of workable ingredients on hand.
One Pan meals save lives. Ok, that’s dramatic, but they do save my sanity, time, and dishes, so that’s almost the same.
- ground beef
- bell peppers
- crushed tomatoes
- Use a good quality rice. Rice that gets mushy is not welcomed for this dish! Uncle Ben’s rice is a great option that is easy to find in any grocery store.
- Use different color bell peppers. Eat the rainbow! We eat with our eyes and nose before we taste. Make this dish beautiful by using a couple of different colored peppers!
- Substitute beef for ground turkey or chicken. Ground beef can be gamey tasting to some, so an easy substitute is ground turkey or chicken. These both have very light flavors and will absorb the taste of the spices very well.
Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers
Seriously though, who knows how to even eat stuffed peppers? Do you just like.. open your mouth and attack? Hack it with a knife until it resembles a skillet meal? Who knows. That’s why this was broken down and made easier- so you can enjoy all the flavors of stuffed peppers, without the mess.
What is unstuffed pepper skillet?
Unstuffed peppers with ground beef and rice is an easy to make one pan meal. Using ground beef, the tomato base of the meal is enhanced with delicious Mexican spices. Paprika, cumin, chili, salt, and freshly cracked pepper all bring out the tanginess of the crushed tomatoes, while the rice boils in it! Throw in some diced peppers in the last few minutes of cooking to preserve their crunchiness, and you have yourself a quick family meal!
How to make Unstuffed Pepper Skillet?
- In a medium sized cast iron pan, cook ground beef over medium heat until it is well done.
- Add finely chopped onion and garlic cloves to the pan, and sautee for 2 minutes. Add the spices and mix well.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and water to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Add rice to the pot, stir, then simmer and cover. Cook until rice is done according to package instructions.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the bell peppers the pan.
- Once the rice is done, remove from heat, fluff the rice, and serve with cheese, cilantro, and avocados. Mangia!
Other ground beef recipes:
- Italian Beef Braciole
- Ground Beef Stroganoff (my friend’s site!)
- This Beef Stroganoff is made with simple, healthy ingredients that provide the most creamy and delicious dish. Slow cooking the beef chuck roast in with the flavors gives maximum flavor, and easy clean up! Meet your new favorite comfort meal!
- Gnocchi Beef Stew (+VIDEO)
- Easy Korean Beef Bowl
Unstuffed Pepper Skillet With Ground Beef
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 white onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- In a medium skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat. Chop the garlic and onion finely, then add to the pan when the ground beef is mostly cooked through. Sautee for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chili, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pan. Add the crushed tomatoes, water, and rice to the pan. Stir to combine. Bring pan to a light boil.
- Reduce the pan to a simmer, then cover, and cook rice according to package cooking time. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, dice the bell peppers and add to the pan.
- When the rice is finished cooking, remove from heat. Serve with avocados, cheese, and cilantro. Mangia!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.