Oven roasted chicken thighs with crispy, flavorful skin is a delicious family meal! Smokey paprika, bold garlic, and juicy bone in chicken thighs is an effortless meal.
Roasted Chicken Thighs
This recipe is so simple, and yet so good. These oven roasted smokey garlic chicken thighs are worth putting on your normal dinner rotation!
The skin gets crispy and the meat stays tender. These thighs pair well with oven roasted potatoes, asparagus, or broccoli. We, of course, save the bones for our next batch of bone broth!
This is certainly a meal that we have had on a chilly Sunday evening, with warm, crusty artisan bread. Sometimes, you just need those warm meals with your family to start the week off right.
These thighs can be prepared and put right in the oven, but for the full flavor, I would recommend prepping the night before and sticking those bad boys in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- Chicken thighs– Skin on, bone in chicken thighs are the best for this recipe! The skin gets crispy and the bone in ensures the meat will be juicy.
- Olive oil- A good quality olive oil will smell robust and have a deep flavor. This will add an extra layer of flavor to your dish.
- Seasoning– Onion, garlic, smoked paprika, oregano, and thyme make this dish super flavorful.
- Buy bone in, skin on chicken thighs. The bone keeps the chicken meat tender and juicy, and the skin adds a layer of flavor and crispiness!
- What if you can’t find bone in, skin on? Any variety of chicken thighs will do! The bone in, skin on is the best selection, but skinless thighs will work just as well!
- Use flavored olive oil. For a more deep flavor, use an infused olive oil! This can really enhance the flavors and create something spectacular!
How to cook chicken thighs in a pan
- Preheat the oven. Chicken thighs roasted at 425 degrees result in crispy skin and super tender, juicy meat!
- Combine the seasoning. Add the olive oil, paprika, garlic, onion, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Prepare the chicken. Slice off any excess skin or fat using a sharp knife. Pat dry the chicken with a paper towel. After, place the chicken in the bowl with the seasoning and evenly coat the chicken, to include under the skin.
- Roast the thighs. Place the chicken thighs in an even, single layer on a baking sheet pan. Place the pan in the oven and allow to cook for 1 hour. Cook the chicken until it reaches the internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Serve with your favorite bread, roasted vegetables, or rice! Mangia!
What to serve with roasted chicken thighs
- Oven roasted asparagus is such an easy side dish that is healthy, delicious, and fast cooking.
- This quick side dish results in crispy pan fried broccoli florets that are equally healthy and addicting! Robust olive oil and raw garlic adds a perfect touch of flavor.
- Quinoa, chickpeas, juicy cherry tomatoes, and summer squash is topped with olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and fresh herbs. This 20 minute vegan dish is light, flavorful, and fresh!
- Every good dinner starts with these Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls. The smell of fresh rosemary and warm bread will be so enticing, it’s hard to wait for them to cool!
- Parmesan Creamed corn is a tasty and easy twist on your holiday favorite! This 10 minute stove top recipe is an effortless side dish with unbeatable flavor!
Oven Roasted Smokey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 8 chicken thighs skin on and bone in
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. While the oven is preheating, prepare the chicken by slicing off any extra skin that over hangs the meat and patting dry with a paper towel.
- Combine olive oil and spices. In a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil, paprika, garlic, onion, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken. Place the chicken in the bowl with the spice and olive oil mixture. Using your hands, toss the chicken in bowl, making sure to get the spice mixture under the chicken skin and directly on the meat. Lay chicken thighs in single layer on a baking sheet. Be sure to expose all skin.
- Roast the chicken. Allow the chicken to cook for 1 hour. Using a meat thermometer, check the make sure the meat is done cooking. Chicken should have an internal tempurature of 165 degress.
- Serve. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes after removing from the oven to allow the juices to settle. Serve with your favorite roasted vegetables or rice. Mangia!
Nutrition values are estimates, for exact values consult a nutritionist.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.