These Italian sausage and shrimp kabobs are grilled to perfection and are so easy to make! Talk about the best BBQ recipe out there!Jump to Recipe
Grilled sausage and shrimp kabobs
Comin’ back at ya with another BBQ recipe! Have you been taking advantage of this BBQ season? Try these grilled pineapple jalapeño margaritas, grilled sweet tea pork chops, or these delicious grilled carne asada kabobs!
I have my smoker/grill sitting right on my pool deck, so I like to watch the kids swim while I cook. I especially like eating outside because its so much less mess I have to pick up!
These Italian sausage and shrimp kabobs are super easy to make, my kids helped put them together and had so much fun! They of course began to bicker over who put what one which skewer… kids, man..
The Italian sausage needs to be cooked first, so you will need to plan ahead. Once the sausage is cooked through, it takes only a few minutes of cook time on the grill since shrimp cooks so quickly!
I really love the combo of shrimp and sausage, so these kabobs were absolutely perfect! They are loaded with delicious flavor and really hit the spot! The addition of Italian seasoning really drives the flavor home!
Ok, are you ready to get these Italian sausage and shrimp kabobs on your plate already, or what?!
Sausage and shrimp kabob ingredients
- Italian sausage- Link Italian sausage is perfect for this recipe because it’s seasoned just right!
- Shrimp- Grab your favorite large peeled and deveined shrimp from your grocery store, it makes this recipe even easier!
- Butter- Salted butter adds more flavor and deliciousness!
- Seasoning- Garlic powder and Italian seasoning work well with the shrimp and Italian sausage for these kabobs.
The Italian sausage needs to be cooked ahead of time. I tossed the sausages on my cast iron pan on the stove and cooked them until they were done, about 20 minutes. We’ll get to how to cook the sausage on the stovetop in under 20 minutes down below.
If you are using wooden skewers you will need to soak them in water for 30 minutes before using them on the grill. If you don’t, they will turn to ash… all over your food. Ask me how I know.
Buy peeled and deveined shrimp
Save yourself time by buying the peeled and deveined shrimp from the grocery store. I have peeled and deveined shrimp many of times because I made the mistake of buying with the shell on. It’s time consuming and smelly, there, I said it.
If you cannot find fresh peeled and deveined shrimp, you can opt for frozen. Follow the package instructions to defrost the shrimp.
Don’t over cook
Shrimp cooks super fast! You will only place these kabobs on the grill for 5-6 minutes, until the shrimp is pink. Do not overcook the shrimp, you want it to be tender and juicy! If you over cook them, they will be tough and chewy, which is no beuno.
How to make grilled sausage and shrimp kabobs (the easy way!)
- Cook the sausage on the stovetop. First, you want to brown the sausage, so place the sausage in a pan over medium high heat. Sear each side for 1-2 minutes. Next, reduce the heat to medium low add 1/2 cup of water to the pan and cover with a lid. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sausage is done cooking. Remove it from the pan, let it rest for a few minutes, then slice them into 1 inch pieces.
- Make the kabobs. Peirce the bottom end of the shrimp with the kabob, leaving the top tail part unpierced. Slide a slice of sausage so it is held in the curve of the shrimp, then pierce the tail of the shrimp over the sausage.
- Coat the kabobs in seasoning. Place the butter in the microwave to melt it. Combine the butter with Italian seasoning and garlic powder, then brush it on to the kabobs with a pastry brush.
- Grill the kabobs. Put your grill on medium-high heat. Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. The shrimp will be pink and opaque when it is done cooking. Remove the kabobs from the grill.
- Serve. Plate ’em and eat ’em! Mangia!
More delicious shrimp recipes
- Shrimp ceviche pasta salad is packed with fresh shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro, jalapeño, and al dente pasta. This easy and fast dish is perfect for lazy summer days!
- Creamy garlic shrimp scampi is topped with fresh broccoli florets and crispy bacon. This easy 30-minute meal is effortlessly delicious!
- Every good dish starts with butter, which is why this tortellini with shrimp and beurre blanc sauce is delicious!
- This easy one-pot low country boil seafood dinner is packed with fresh Gulf shrimp, blue crab, crawfish, cajun sausage, potatoes, sweet corn, beer, and loads of seasoning! Grab a cold one and start cracking those craw daddies open!
More Sea Salt Savorings classics
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi Caprese with Asiago Spinach Sausage
- Mojo Chicken (baked, grilled, or stovetop!)
- Chicken Margherita(grilled, baked, or stove top!)
- Small Apartment Design
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Grilled Italian Sausage and Shrimp Kabobs
These Italian sausage and shrimp kabobs are grilled to perfection and are so easy to make! Talk about the best BBQ recipe out there!
- 1 lb link Italian sausage
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Cook the sausage. Place the sausage in a pan over medium high heat and sear on each side for 1- 2 minutes until it is browned. Place 1/2 cup of water in the pan and cover with a lid, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the sausage for 10-12 minutes, then remove them from the pan. Slice the sausage into 1 inch sized pieces.
Make the kabobs. Pierce the bottom of the shrimp, then slide the sausage onto the skewer si it sits in the curve shape of the shrimp. Pierce the tail of the shrimp over the sausage. Continue until you have used all the shrimp and sausage.
Season the kabobs. Place the butter in a small bowl, then place in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt it. Combine the butter with the Italian seasoning and the garlic powder. Brush the seasoning mixture on both sides of the kabobs.
Grill the kabobs. Place the grill on medium high heat. Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the shrimp is pink and opaque. Remove the kabobs from the grill and mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!