This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Valentine’s Day dessert board is made with festive holiday candies, donuts, cookies, and more!Jump to Recipe
Valentine’s Day dessert board
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with a fun dessert board for the whole family to enjoy! We love making all kinds of boards, but this one in particular was extra fun!
We chose typical Valentine’s Day themed colors like red, white, and pink. My kids and I hit the store and selected our favorite ingredients within those colors and got to work!
This Valentine’s Day dessert board has it all- cookies, donuts, candies, fruits, everything! It’s loaded with everyone’s favorite treats and was so well enjoyed!
The kids had so much fun assembling this board! It is such a perfect family activity that is bonding, fun, and tasty! Score!
Valentine’s Day dessert board ingredients
- Candies– Opt for common Valentine’s Day themed candies or your favorite candies that are red, white, or pink. We chose chocolate, gummies, Good & Plenty, Skittles, and Red Vines.
- Cookies– Frosted animal crackers were perfect for this Valentine’s Day dessert board since they are pink and white!
- Donuts– Cortland LOVES powdered sugar donuts, and since they fit the color esthetics, they were included!
- Cupcakes– Mini cupcakes are perfect for the dessert board!
- Fruit– Raspberries and strawberries add tons of color and flavor to the board!
Make it your own
I started out my Valentine’s Day dessert board with a ” target=”_blank” rel=”noreferrer noopener”>large white serving platter as my charcuterie board. Any large tray will do! You can easily customize this dessert board by adding a few extra ingredients to make it your own!
- Nuts– Almonds, Brazilian nuts, or whatever your favorite nut is would go well!
- Marshmallows– Cute heart shaped marshmallows would make this dessert board extra adorable!
- Fruits– Dragon fruit, grapes, or chocolate covered strawberries would fit in well for this board.
- Macaroons– I love how colorful macaroons are, so naturally they would look perfect on the board!
Make it together
I love creating recipes that involve togetherness- like this one! Make this Valentine’s Day dessert board with your friends, loved one, kids, pets, whoever! Just make sure you are making it with someone you love and create those lasting memories!
My kids had fun taking rolls on in making the dessert board. Cortland was in charge of the candy, Ava with the cookies, and Evelyn … well, she was in charge of taste testing, ha!
How to make a Valentine’s Day dessert board
- Choose your ingredients. When I make charcuterie boards, I like to pick two of each ingredient: candies, cookies, donut/cupcake, and fruit.
- Assemble the board. Place the large ingredients on the board first in random spots. Next, fill in the blank spaces with the rest of the ingredients. Take the smallest ingredient and fill the tiny spaces between ingredients to make the board look full and vibrant.
- Serve. Place this beautiful dessert board on the table and enjoy! Mangia!
More Sea Salt Savorings classics
- Balsamic Glazed Salmon with Strawberry Relish
- The Best 30 Minute Weekday Meals
- Italian Stuffed Artichokes + Instant Pot instructions
- Southern Collard Greens With Smoked Turkey
- Cajun Dirty Rice
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay in touch! I love to see your creations! Tag me at #SeaSaltSavorings to show me what you’ve made!
Valentine’s Day Dessert Board
This Valentine's Day dessert board is made with festive holiday candies, donuts, cookies, and more!
- 5 powdered donuts
- 15 cookies
- 10 wrapped chocolates
- 1 cup frosted animal crackers
- 1/2 cup halved strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 4 oz Red Vines
- 4 oz Good & Plenty candies
- 4 oz strawberry wafers
Assemble the board. Arrange the donuts, cookies, candies, and fruits across the board until it is filled. Start with the large ingredients first, then use the smallest ingredients to fill any gaps. Serve and enjoy!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!